The Orthodox Nationalist: Leon Trotsky and the Permanent Oligarchy
In this broadcast Dr Matthew Johnson attempts to summarize a huge amount of information concerning early Soviet economic policy and ideology.
The argument can be summarized this way:
1. Trotsky had far more power and influence than Lenin.
2. Marxism was almost totally irrelevant to the Red forces during and after the Civil War.
3. Labour organization was destroyed by the Red forces. The "Worker’s State" was far harsher on their labour force than the industrialists in the West.
4. The West created the USSR brick by brick.
5. Few knew what "Bolshevism" was in the West. Russian history was almost entirely unknown until the 1950s. Therefore, rumour and self-interest decided what was real and what was not.
6. The West permitted Trotsky to destroy the agricultural base of the economy, since they were receiving regular food aid.
7. Trotsky defined "worker" as a leftist (mostly Jewish) revolutionary. Therefore, he can say that Jacob Schiff was a "worker" but the counterrevolutionary peasant in eastern Ukraine was a "capitalist."
8. The "proletariat" were a rootless tribe of wanderers without property or social standing. It was a metaphor for the Jew in his mind
9. Socialist self-organization from the peasantry or workers was harshly crushed by the Red forces and all forms of labour organizing were destroyed. This is a curious policy for the "Worker’s State"
Presented by Matt Johnson
The Orthodox Nationalist: Leon Trotsky and the Permanent Oligarchy – TON 060716
The Orthodox Nationalist will be back on Radio Aryan next Tuesday at 3pm EDT/8pm BST
See the daily radio schedules for more alt-right audio available for download.
Join the chatroom, visit the bootleg archive and follow the feed.